SO HOW DO I MAKE A WILL AND WHAT KIND OF SERVICE WILL I RECEIVE?
Understandably, this is a question that everyone asks. So below is a break down of the steps you need to take when making your Will with UK Wills Company. We pride ourselves on the high standards of service that we maintain.
- We take your instructions regarding the content of your Will. This can be done by us contacting you on the telephone or we send you a questionnaire that you complete and send back via e mail.
- We draft your Will from your instructions and then send a draft copy of your Will for your approval.
- If upon receipt of your draft copy you require any alterations, or if you have any questions, please contact us either by telephone or electronic mail. We need to ensure that your Will accurately reflects your wishes before we complete the drafting process.
- When you are happy with the content of your Will, we produce the finished paper document and send it to you. It will then be necessary for you to sign your Will in the presence of two witnesses. Once you have done this, you will be the proud owner of a legally binding Will. Detailed instructions regarding how you sign your Will and who the witnesses should be will accompany your Will.
- If you have elected to take advantage of our Storage and Update option, you will have received a copy of your draft Will to keep for future reference by e mail. This can be saved to your computer or to a safe storage device. It can be referred to at any time in the future should you wish to consider making any changes to your Will
- Your document will be securely stored and can be retrieved by you at any time.
- After you have made your Will, we ask you to please inform the various people named by you that you have trusted to act as your Executors and Guardians. These are the people that will sort out your affairs on your behalf in the event of your death and care for any minor children that you may leave behind. It is important that they are aware of the duties that would be required of them, and they also need to be informed of the action they must take in retrieving your Will.
- You can review your Will and update it as necessary. This can be done once a year with no further charge for those customers taking advantage of our Storage facility, which is provided at a very modest annual fee.
- If you decide against using our Storage facility and wish to retain your Will personally, we are still very happy to carry out any alterations that you will require in the future, but there will be a charge for this service.